September 26, 2007

Everton!





So it's pretty much not a secret that I love soccer. It's like a totally irrational love. It's the kind of love that makes me drive down Soccer's street 15 times on a Friday night trying to imagine what Soccer is doing and what it is thinking about.




Anyways... so initially (when I first became a soccer fan) my biggest criteria in determining which teams I like best was to assess which teams had the cutest players (which... btw is Chelsea or Liverpool in England and Real Madrid in Spain), but as I learned more about the game the more I learned to appreciate other things... like... oh... I don't know... skill.




This is why Everton is my favorite team in the ENTIRE WORLD.



Maybe you've heard of them... maybe you haven't because they aren't Chelsea or Manchester United.



They're based in Liverpool and they pretty much have it all.



  • Skill: Meet Andy Johnson. He is incredible. God bless him and his perfectly round bald head.

  • Looks: Meet Mikel Arteta. He's Spanish. Sweet Jesus. Oh... and he's pretty good at soccer too.

  • Underdog Status: God knows I love an underdog... I mean I'm a Cubs fan for Christ's sake.

  • Great Nickname: The Toffees. I don't think it's possible to not like a team named after one of the great candies on the face of the planet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We also loveee soccer. Here in Portugal we support Benfica. We just don't go more often to the stadium because the tickets are very expensive. For a game of the Premier League is around $42.

As far as favourite teams in the UK, we don't have any. I(Susana) used to support Sheffield Wednesday and we both used to like Man United. But I confess that I like the Italian championship more. And my team is AC Milan. One of our fave players is Massimo Oddo. :P

Congrats on your awesome blog. :D