September 24, 2007

Tallulah Bankhead


Last night I was watching Lifeboat starring Miss Tallulah Bankhead, and I started thinking about what a ballsy broad she was.
A sometime lesbian/coke addict/nympho who was a member of the Algonquin Round Table and hated to wear underwear.

Basically, I was thinking that she's pretty much exactly the kind of friend I would like to have.
And then I came to my senses and realized that she's actually the kind of friend that you think that you would want because any association with her would make you feel like a worldly bon vivante, but in reality you would mostly just be mortified every time she walked into a party and lifted her skirt to show off her hoo-haa or said something in the realm of this delightful quote: "I was raped in our driveway when I was eleven. You know darling, it was a terrible experience because we had all that gravel."
Ahhhh... Tallulah. Such class and elegance. I nominate you for most Awesome Person of September 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I second the motion! I assume you're under the age of 60-yet you know who Tallulah Bankhead is? You are nominated for the second most awesome person. I don't know one single person who knows who she is, except for my mother!