November 5, 2007

Serious Internet Fun

Boredom at work.... it's a world-wide epidemic.

What does one do when one hates all of the tasks before them and, yet, has exhausted all of the possibilities of things to do on the internet machine?

Email... check.
Update Netflix queue... check.
MySpace... check.
Trolling craigslist... check.
Look up potential maladies at webmd.com... check.
Research James Purefoy via Wikipedia and Google image searches... check and check.


About the time that I've done all of these things and refreshed LJ Images so many times my head feels like it might explode and I come to the depressing realization that I might need to do some actual work... well that kids is about the time that I take a trip over to One More Level.

It's the best place I've found on the internet for fun little internet games, and I can waste literally hours, or, even, entire work days there.

My current obsession is a game called 5 Differences... and if you enjoy the sensation of feeling like your eyes are going to explode all over your computer screen... well then you will definitely like it too.

Another favorite is Bubble Shooter (which, btw, I got caught up playing in the middle of writing this). It seems very boring in concept and at first you will be skeptical... but then 15 hours later you will realize what a great time you are having.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I need to thank you for getting me, and now my mother-in-law addicted to bubble shooter. I had never heard of it until reading your blog, checked it out and the rest is history. Soon after opening my Christmas presents I was back playing it. :-) Too bad the site is blocked here at work.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I contemplate the collection should secure more info then it has.