January 8, 2008

Did You Know...

... that the BEST store on the internet is the Vermont Country Store?


I appreciate any store, brick and mortar or otherwise, where I can buy a can of scrapple, a makeup hood , and some lube in one trip.


Whadya need? I bet Vermont Country Store has it!

Granny panties? Check.

Lady Esther skin cream? Check.

A Vibrat... oops... I mean an intimate massager? Check.





Okay... I've expressed it in a very flippant way, but I seriously love the Vermont Country Store. It's probably my single favorite catalog to look through.

And one thing they have that I love are old lady nightgowns.

For years I slept in old t-shirts and yoga pants and then this past Fall I decided it would be cozy to have a flannel nightgown... so I bought this one (in Black Watch) from L.L. Bean. It was heaven.

I never knew looking like Laura Ingalls Wilder could feel so good.

I've had trouble finding other nightgowns because one of my absolute requirements is that it has to be at least ankle length... most places only have nightgowns that hit at around mid-calf or shorter.

This absolutely will not work because if I'm going to go all Little House on the Prairie.. well, I'm going to do it right, and I'm going to do it big.

So I found this great muslin nightgown at... you guessed it... the Vermont Country Store.

Seriously... you can't get much more Ma Ingalls than that.

They also have a lot of other really random, kinda old-fashioned stuff, and it's kind of a case of something being so uncool that it's cool, but in an ironic way.

Look into it.

No comments: