January 4, 2008

Hipster Alert!

So a couple of days ago I was flipping through the channels, as I am often wont to do, and as I flipped past our local PBS station my attention was momentarily caught by a whole of crowd of people absolutely breaking it down on the dance floor.





I quickly flipped back and witnessed a whole pack of people grooving so hard to a band on Austin City Limits that I just had to stop and check it out. I mean, these people looked like they were at a camp meeting or something. It was awesome.








So here I am today with my new favorite band that everyone else has probably heard of already, but since they are new to me they make me feel like a pioneer of new and interesting music.... Ghostland Observatory!


Ghostland Observatory consists of two guys... one plays the guitar and sings and the other plays drums and synthesizers and all kinds of malarkey. I call them 'Pocahontas Braid Guy' and 'Cape-y Guy'.

They are from Austin and they rock ass so hardcore you WILL NEVER RECOVER.... and you will never be able to get their songs out of your head... but in a really good way.


To me they sound like a combo of The White Stripes and Chromeo, but with extra awesome thrown in as a bonus.

My personal favorite song, so far, is Rich Man, which is the song that the hipster kids on Austin City Limits were getting down to... it's such a great song... I can hardly blame them.

No comments: